
Ending week 5 with a total loss of 11.2 pounds. I have to admit, this was a difficult week for me. I don't feel well. We're trying to make a few family plans and we have a lot to do around the house. Hubby is also ill and as a result, we spent several hours in Urgent Care yesterday, missing a church event. We'll be fine, nothing antibiotics and an inhaler can't cure. I wasn't as careful as I could have been this week with my food choices. This is usually the week that I fall off the wagon and give up. Like many people who live in this instant gratification society, I want the weight gone now. Pop a pill and watch the pounds melt off. Go get a tummy tuck. Just wish it away. I don't want to admit that this is going to take time and effort and....exercise?!?!? As I slowly drop the weight, I've noticed that my feet and back aren't hurting as much as they have been. I'm able to manage pain with OTC meds now. That was one of the reasons I started this journey....to feel better and to improve my health. I'm still not ready for a regular routine of exercise. But I am parking away from front doors when I head to the store, trying to be sure to move in some way at least every 15 minutes and not just sitting on my (soon to shrink) butt. I need to get into the doctor and get him to approve a gentle walking program to start. Gentle exercise as I continue to lose and as my body begins to heal is the key. I'm glad I found the key and I'm glad I stuck it out through the week and didn't give up. God is walking with me as I walk down this path. I think this week, He even picked me up and carried me a ways.
Sweet Charla, I know how you feel! Hang in there...it is so totally worth it. You are doing great! Just take one day at a time; that helps. You are losing at a great rate, and as you stick with the program that will continue. After over three months I'm averaging at a little over a pound and a half a week. Not much each time, but it adds up. You are right - God is right there with you (and me, too.) You can do this with His strength. HUGS, Cindy
ReplyDeleteYou are doing awesome, Charla! I'm proud of you and know you can keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies. I know this will take time but I see those lapband commercials and think, "Wow,that would speed things along." I guess it's a good thing that my insurance is just HMO and doesn't cover the procedure. I am planning on my goal taking about a year to a year and a half. I've heard that people that are able to maintain a weight loss, have done so slowly. A healthy loss averages 1 to 2 pounds a week...and I have 78 more pounds to go. Yea, the "charts" say it's more than that but I remember 2oo and I looked GOOD! :oD
ReplyDelete