Sunday, October 16, 2011

No Cookies Here


It isn't a lot but it is a loss. This week, I lost .8 of a pound. So, after 3 weeks I'm down 8.8 pounds. Just about where I thought I would be. This week was extremely stressful and I did well handling the stress. The picture I have posted with today's blog, shows how I used to handle the stress in my life. I'd have a bad moment and just go eat something that wasn't a healthy choice. Cookies, Cheetos Puffs etc. Then I would have the moment where I said, "Gee, I blew it. May as well eat whatever I want now. I failed this diet, too." This week, that didn't happen. I handled my stress in more productive ways. I prayed, I cried (when I was alone), I even said a few very unlady like words. But I didn't go stuff my face. That wasn't going to get me anywhere but back to my original weight.
I'm happy with the fact that this was a "losing" week. Because in the end, I am winning this Battle of the Bulge. One ounce at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, Charla! Yes, we GET IT!!! I'm so proud of you. And thank you for your encouraging post on my blog yesterday. I'm getting to the point now that when I get upset, instead of wanting to eat, I'm even more determined to stay on program. Isn't that a kick? You are on the road to success, my dear friend. We're going together.

    ReplyDelete