To quote Gone With The Wind, "After all... tomorrow is another day." Thank God that we are given a new start every morning. This weekend was a lesson in "I don't need it, so why am I eating it?" I'm bored...that's why. Working opposite shifts from my husband makes for a boring weekend. He goes to bed when I wake up and sleeps until after 1:00. Then we clean up...and I watch tv. The weekend ends, I work a week....lather, rinse, repeat. I honestly don't usually mind the rest I get on the weekend. Some weekends, it's all I can do to walk around and do chores let alone get dressed in proper clothes and go out somewhere. Not to mention, going out usually costs money. I occasionally think about the beach but leaving late plus the cost of gas, always weighs on my mind. There's not a large amount of entertainment here in B-town. It's movies or eating. I'm entirely too cheap to pay for a movie at the theater and eating...LOL. Not unless I can figure out points before I eat out. We used to jump into the convertable and just drive...but gas is over $4 a gallon for premium and as I said, I'm cheap.
Any cheap suggestions for getting out somewhere without spending money?
I lost a pound this week. Yesterday, the scale actually showed a 2 pound loss but that was yesterday and today is my weigh day. I know that I am going to be starting my period soon. I also think that had something to do with my bad choices this weekend. I need to say no to myself a LOT more than I have been.
I went ahead and premade my lunch for tomorrow. It's healthy, easy and ready to grab in the morning. Quick burst in the microwave and it will be time to eat for lunch. I'll pack a salad as well. I need to be more alert to the sensations my body is sending me. True hunger vs bored hunger. A true need to eat vs a want to eat. It's okay to be hungry on occasion and not just stuff my face. I don't want to end up back at my start weight and I know that in my head and my heart....why can't my stomach get the message??
I do the same, eat b/c I'm bored, not because I really want it. It's very hard to resist!
ReplyDeleteI deliberately bought gum yesterday. I am NOT a gum chewer. I think for some people it is a nasty habit...looking at my sister who chews with her mouth open. But, when I got bored and wanted to eat, I popped in a piece of Stride (it really does hold the flavor for a long time) and it worked. No eating just to eat. Hooray!!
ReplyDelete