Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Week is Winding Down...

...and it's almost the weekend. The week has gone well as far as my eating is concerned. I've managed to stay in my points and haven't really been tempted by much. This weekend though, we're going to Claim Jumper for my son's birthday. I don't know if you have ever been to Claim Jumpers but they have HUGE portions and nothing is "diet" friendly. However, I won't let that stop me from going and having a good time. I'm preplanning what to order and I will stay in my points. I have "saved" my weekly points up and if need be, I'll use them. The one thing that will make me spend my points...the red velvet cupcake. It. Is. To. Die. For. Seriously, if I were to die with a bite of it in my mouth, I would be a happy girl. Were I a bit less caring of what goes into my body...I would spend all of my points on cupcakes alone. Instead, I'll plan on the salad bar and stick to the brightly colored veggies and limit any dressings or sauces.
I'm trying to remember to park as far away from store doors as safely can. This little habit has added steps to my day and any and all movement is a good thing. My foot is still bothering my but I did purchase shoe inserts and they are helping. My back is feeling okay and isn't being a hinderance to me at this point. I am going to ask my doctor if there is an official diagnosis of arthritis in my back. IF there is, I believe it will allow me to use the heated pool at the Arthritis Society. I KNOW that helps. I have access to a pool at my local gym but it is not heated and the cold sets in and makes the pain worse. Our hot tub is KAPUT and we're slowly saving up to buy another one. The heat from that makes me so much better. Until then, our home is not on a water meter and I can use all the hot water I please most nights.
The weather has turned cool and I'm loving every second of it. The rest of my family dislikes cold weather but I much prefer it as you can always add a layer for warmth. Not to mention hot chocolate (with a shot of peppermint schnapps) and soups. I LOVE soups.
I hope you're all having a great week and are looking forward to the weekend. Have fun, stay safe and "see" you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment