Monday, January 16, 2012

Today


I have my meals all planned out for the day. We'll be hitting Costco for more fruits and veggies. We're out of pineapple, baby spinach, salad greens, carrots, tomatoes and celery. We are low on strawberries and half through the kiwi. I THINK we have enough green apples to get us through the week. I may purchase these as well just so we don't run out. I know we're out of Laughing Cow Light Baby Bel cheeses, too. I think this is working out well for everyone except Scott. He's willing to eat the healthy dinners but he refuses to blend with us and is starting to miss bagels etc. I guess I can pick some up for him and freeze them in portions so they don't go to waste. I know he's also wishing for soda but, sorry Buddy, I'm not bringing it home. I'll give him a dollar to head to Circle K or something. It won't hurt him to have a LOT less soda then what he was drinking. Breakfast this morning was a bowl of oatmeal and an orange/strawberry blend. Lunch today will be the last of the Cowboy Chili and dinner will be oven "fried" chicken, veggies and brown rice. I found a recipe for Cuban black beans and rice for dinner tomorrow. Good thing I didn't put the crock pot away.
Eating in a healthy manner requires me to plan ahead. It also requires that we shop a bit more often. Normally, no, in the past, we went to Costco once a month and bought a lot of freezer and canned goods. Eating fresh and healthy is going to require weekly trips. Something we'll make time for. I'm interested in seeing how this changes the grocery bill. Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment