Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wait...this is forever?

I didn't post my weight last week. I didn't weigh myself last week. I got run over by my own bus. I know I can't do this on a part time basis. I have to stay on board, on my path, stick to the plan. Alas, I know this in my head....but still manage to stray. Today, I got back on the scale...and mentally kicked myself a bit. A gain, a significant gain.
Moving past my failure and stepping into the promise that I have made to myself. 20 pounds by Christmas isn't going to happen when I choose to sit on the couch and nibble mindlessly on Ruffles. I need to place my trust in the Lord. Lean on him when I think that I NEED to have one more bite. While it's true that "one more bite" won't hurt, I never stop with one. I start with one. Keeping temptations out of the house goes a long way and that's what I'm going to do.
Tomorrow is another day...but I don't have to wait for tomorrow to start again. I'll start now. God gives us new beginnings. They may not always be easy...but anything He gives us is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. His mercies are new each morning! And, every minute of every day. We don't have to wait until tomorrow when we mess up. I know how you feel. And, yes, this is forever! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete