Saturday, November 19, 2011

Being lazy


Quite a week. I really had to push myself several days and my back is screaming at me now. So, I've been lazy. Today, I'm beginning to feel a bit better. I've done my stretching for the morning and right now, I'm not hurting too bad.
Being lazy extended into my week in other ways...I didn't cook. Instead, I ate out or ate frozen and discovered that this is no way to eat unless you're sticking to foods that are prepackaged to staying on WW. As a result, still no weight loss.
I know I need to break this cycle. I start off well, lose pretty quickly and then just quit. Sometimes, I wonder the following: God seems to help others lose weight. I believe in Him and know that He wants me to be my best. So why is it so hard for me? Then I wonder, maybe I am not supposed to lose weight. Maybe something is ahead of me that I don't know about. Maybe I will have chemo and the extra weight will keep me warm. Maybe there are hard times ahead and the extra weight will slowly come off as I put others ahead of myself. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
I know part of my problem is I don't eat enough. You might laugh at that seeing as how I am so fat but ask people who see me eat. I really don't eat a lot at one time. If I only ate when I am hungry, I wouldn't be eating often. I'm a grazer. I can't graze at work. So I eat when I get home. Seems like that isn't working for me. More changes ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Charla, I know how frustrating it can be! It's so hard to accomplish anything when you're in pain and can't even live a normal day. Are you recording your food? I find it really helps to do that and make sure I get my "healthy checks" in. Our leader challenged our group to do that and every single person who accepted the challenge lost that week. Hang in there. Just take one day at a time. Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete