Thursday, December 22, 2011

Home for the holidays

Numbers...they're everywhere. Including in my password. I could not for the life of me remember said password until tonight. I consider writing passwords down but the experts tell us not to do this.
It's been pretty quiet lately. Beverlee is home and really being so helpful. The house looks great. She helped in my classroom making Christmas presents with the children for their parents and helps me cook. Tonight, we made enchaladas and Kait brought her family over. It was several hours of family time and it was a lot of fun. Kylie, bless her, has never seen another baby before. I played a video of a friends baby for her and she was captivated. She began to babble and giggle and seemed enthralled with Lexie. Too bad they are not close enough to play...they are close in age. Teagan has a new purse...with money. "Don't touch my moneies, MeMe!" She also loves cheese. Zander walked in with a, "Wow, is it Christmas tonight?" I had to tell him to come back this weekend for presents. We modifyed our dinner to fit his allergies and he loved his food. I enjoyed mine as well. I don't make enchaladas often as they are time consuming. This wasn't a calorie friendly recipe. But, I only had a little and then rice and veggies. I'm pretty sure Kait ate 4 or 5 and I know Scott chowed. I wish I knew where his food goes. He's gotten taller but definitely not heavier. In fact, he weights less than last year at this time.
I'm not looking forward to cooking for everyone for Christmas. Not that I don't like to cook...just that it has to all be cleaned up afterward. LOL I'm not too worried about food quantities.. I'm able to stop when I feel full now. And I make sure to eat slowly so that full feeling comes on. In the past, I would just shovel the food in before the "FULL alert" went off. Now I wait for it.
I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is "mostly" my last day at work for the holidays. I am then blissfully off until the 4th of January. You have no idea how much I am going to enjoy being home with my family. God has blessed us with the joy of having someone be away for awhile and then come home to visit. If I hadn't already loved and apprecitated Beverlee before, I certainly do now. Having everyone home tonight was priceless.
Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment